Sunday, July 6, 2014

Customer Service

Intermittent Loss of DSL Service

1.     Call ISP and ask them to trouble shoot the problem, they immediately slam my equipment as being the issue.  Hangup!

2.     Call ISP again and inform them that all their regular trouble shooting has not established where the issue is. Again they insist the problem is with my equipment.  Hangup!

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

3.     Use SmokePing for 24 hours to record the drops and line quality. Tests clearly find fault with an unknown network hub somewhere in the mid-west that was dropping 95 to 100% of its packets.

4.     Take screen shots of all the test results and e-mail them to the ISP's Service department stating that I DO know what I am talking about when I tell them they have a problem on their end and that I have done the trouble shooting for them and I wanted to get paid for my services... A few short hours later no more lost connection... who's fault was it?



Keep in mind that this was an ongoing issue for more than 4 or 5 weeks.
Wonder if there will be any credit on my next bill?... not.


No comments:

Post a Comment