Sunday, June 1, 2014

MultiSystem... My Most Useful Tool

PendriveLinux Mutisystem

I have to share my knowledge of this simple yet extremely useful utility. It is perhaps my most used and "can't live without" tool in my arsenal of computer repair / setup.

The first thing you need is a USB flash drive of a decent size... these days the pricing is getting much better and I opted for a previous review item, Corsair Voyager LS 132GB
The capacity of this drive has plenty of room for the task at hand, and at present I have 20 separate Operating Systems to choose from when I boot.

Although at the time booting from USB3.0 is not supported on most equipment it most certainly speeds the process of installing the live image to the drive, well worth the additional cost of the USB3.0 feature.

This allows me to keep my most widely used OS's and tools in one location and even allows me to keep them up to date.

http://www.freedrweb.com/download+cureit+free/?lng=en

With Dr.Web being one of the OS's installed it allows for easy removal of virus's from Windows PC's... Its a good thing Linux is around to Fix Windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment