Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Removing Videos from Unity Dash in Ubuntu 14.04

For quite some time I have had videos that were in a hidden folder showing up in Unity Dash


   
that by my reckoning should not have been as I had turned off the history feature under privacy settings.



I searched through Ubuntu documentation on this issue and was finding nothing that was helpful. Until I happened to realize that I was not reading everything carefully.


The specific part that finally caught my eye was the statement (assuming that they are in the Videos folder) AH HA! that was what I had been looking for!
Now I had come to realize that any videos that are in the Videos folder will show up in the Dash regardless of your history settings! 
A quick and painless move of the hidden folder to a new directory other than the Videos folder solved the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment