Sunday, June 7, 2015

$500 Later

And I Am Through The Wall

It's a large jump in price from the 6- inch Selkirk HT (high temp) chimney pipe to the 8- inch.


 

As much as I wanted to send the HT through the concrete, it simply could not happen, a 10- inch diameter pipe simply will not fit through a 9 1/2- inch hole. After working out exactly what I could fit through the exiting 32- inches of concrete I opted for the best I could by using the double-wall stove pipe and still had enough room to wrap insulation around it.




The quality of the products used is the best, all stainless steel, so I shouldn't have to worry about anything needing replacement for a good number of years. So in reality I guess the cost is justifiable. There's no reason to buy a top end furnace and connect it to a chimney that is not up to the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment