Sunday, May 17, 2015

Return Air Ducting

Mostly In Place



I had to make my own register boxes for the return air, They simply do not offer the boots for those large size registers that will fit in above the stone walls, and hey, since it is cold air 1/4 inch plywood works great and is much easier to work with.



No Proper Before Shots

By the time I thought to do "before" pics I had all ready disconnected the cold air ducting from the old furnace. 


I would imagine that the old Olsen Duo-Matic was installed around the date of manufacture (1971) It has done well, but it's way past time for an upgrade.


I know the new Yukon will take up much less room, it will be interesting to see just how much more floor space I will gain. Access to the chimney will be much better I all ready know.

No comments:

Post a Comment