Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Never assume what you order is what you get

After nearly a year! I have finally figured out what has been going on with Ubuntu and all the errors connected to my graphics card in one of my computers. Would you ever assume that the video card that you ordered which is sealed inside a box that is labelled correctly is the one that it is supposed to be ?... NOT!   Even the stickers on the board itself were incorrect for what it actually was. For the life of me I could not figure out why I kept getting crash errors from the graphics on the computer repeatedly... decided I would try the legacy set of drivers... TADA! I can even run 3D acceleration now! Thanks to 'HardwareLister' I was eventually able to figure out that the GPU chip-set was not what was supposed to be on the board and needed the older drivers. The learning curve on that one was kinda long...doh! >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment