Sunday, April 20, 2014

Shop Workhorse Now Running Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Comes with a few really nice wallpapers by default, I was immediately drawn to this particular one.



I have been hard at work getting things on the old Dell GX520 "Tweaked" back to the way I like them and have learned to accept some of the nicer features of Unity over my usual changes... one of which is the use of the Unity Social Lens over the use of Gwibber.



The simplified integration of the Google account makes the default calendar on the panel a much more useful tool... It also accepts the Tweaks to make the the Menu transparent.



I still prefer the 2x2 workspace layout and always set the lower right corner to toggle the wall.  I do like the ability to choose the selected color of the working desktop.



Even in the shop there is the occasional need to catch up on some of the more recent Movies or recorded TV show episodes.  XBMC " Frodo" as installed from the Software Center.


After having given Ubuntu Gnome a decent trial for a week on the netbook, I have decided that for the majority of uses I still prefer... (even though a few short years ago I wouldn't have been caught saying this) ...the navigational ease of Unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment