Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The first $25 gadget I've ever bought that actually works...

... and far beyond my expectations.

Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker


There really isn't much to the device... a couple heating elements with a sliding divider sandwiched between two rings all coated in a nonstick surface... but it actually works! The pre-cooked frozen sausage patties that you can pick up in a resealable bag of 12 are the perfect size, likewise Canadian Bacon as well, Microwave the patty for 30 or so seconds prior to use, along with an English muffin or a biscuit, a slice of cheese and a beaten egg... you have a breakfast sandwich ready in only 5 minutes. 
The one major drawback is that most Bagels are too large for use in this device... if you can find the mini-bagels they work with a minimal amount of trimming. Things like bologna are good to use but again... the size requires a bit of trimming... if they could make it the size of a bagel, then you would have more options for ingredients. If you have issues with the egg sticking to the slide... you need to increase the cooking time a bit, if it is cooked thoroughly it releases with no problems I find that 5 minutes is usually sufficient.
I must give Hamilton Beach a thumbs up on this one! I think I'll buy a second one so I can make two at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment