Friday, February 14, 2014

Winter

I am so ready for the end of Winter.


I remember much worse Winters when I was growing up in the 70's... and one particular thing sticks in my mind... The road crew was really on top of the game back then. School delays were not seen by the Highway Superintendent as an excuse to let the crew wander in a couple hours later to work, they were out clearing the roads even earlier to be sure they had their plows and equipment back off the roads BEFORE the School Buses had to get out onto them. I guess the difference now is that the Superintendent would rather be a friend to a few... than respected by many. As it seems with the rest of the country nowadays, good leadership & respect are things that are not found much at all any more, its just another aspect showing the growing failure of the countries infrastructure.

No comments:

Post a Comment