Saturday, October 11, 2014

Setting Up The Raspberry Pi

     This will be the first of a series of posts I will upload as I Setup my Raspberry Pi Home Theater PC.

Received The Raspberry


I opted for the B+ model which is available at on-line stores for around $38 US. Don't forget that you will need a Micro SD card of at least a class 4 for the installation of the operating system, I was able to order this 32GB class 10 combo for $24.


The Pi comes with an HDMI connection which provides full 1080p and digital audio for your HDTV and sound system.


Power is much simpler than you might expect, most people might not even have to purchase a power supply as they could have one in their possession all ready, as I did. It happens to be nothing more than an old cellphone charger I had kicking around the shop that uses the mini USB connection, and supplies a minimum of 750ma at 5 - 5.2 VDC.


The Pi is about the size of a credit card


So at this point I actually have a fully operational micro PC that can deliver movies and sound to my Home Theater system for around $62. Of course now one should figure out how to enclose the device for protection / aesthetics. Now to work on how I want to accomplish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment